How to use kicad
How To Generate Gerber – Click Here
Auto Routing And Netclasses – Excellent how to .
PC Cupid 22 video series playlist – detailed.
Questions and Answers https://pcbcupid.com/
Make A traffic Light – simple project very good on shortcuts and where to click time 7:30 to assign footprint with ability to use 3d viewer to check.
Quick Design Example and Build – more complex but good shows how to label wire ends to connect sponsored by pcbway
Learn in 25inutes – excellent basic start
Digikey Into To Kicad – Part 6 Making exact size edge cut and design rules.
Time 10:30 the outline.
- Create or Open a Symbol: Create a new symbol or open an existing one that you want to assign a default footprint to.
- Add a Field for Footprint Reference: In the symbol editor, you can add a user-defined field to store the default footprint reference. This field will hold the footprint name that you want to associate with this symbol.
- Click on the “Add field” button or use the “Place > Add Field” menu option.
- Choose a suitable field name (e.g., “Footprint”).
- Set the field type to “String” or “Text”.
- Enter the desired default footprint name in the field value.